The Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) at the University of Connecticut acts as a referral source by assisting students with disabilities to identify personal assistants (PAs). A PA is a paid employee (paid by the student) who assists an individual with a disability to perform daily tasks. PA duties may include:
- Assistance with daily grooming and hygiene;
- Assistance with transfers;
- Assistance with bathing and dressing;
- Assistance with laundry and errands;
- Other individual duties as needed.
Students with disabilities are responsible for hiring and paying personal assistants. The CSD may assist students to identify PAs by advertising available positions and collecting employment applications. While the CSD assists students by collecting and sharing PA applications with students, the provision of applications does not constitute an endorsement of each applicant. CSD staff is not authorized to assist students with personal care needs. Please find additional resource information regarding working with a personal assistant here: Personal Assistant Referral Program.
- Students requesting a personal assistant are encouraged to contact the CSD as soon as possible if they are seeking assistance identifying PAs.
- Provide the CSD with information regarding the specific PA requirements (e.g., advertisement). An example is available here: Sample Advertisement
- Hire, train and provide payment for each PA.
Additional information may also be obtained from Michele LaBonte, Director of Nursing at Student Health Services. PAs may receive an explanatory demonstration by a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner from Student Health Services. Call (860) 486-0765 to arrange an appointment. A training manual is also available to students from the CSD to assist students in hiring and supervising PAs.
- Assist students with identifying PAs by communicating with targeted constituencies (e.g., School or Nursing students).
Any questions regarding this policy and procedure should be directed to Jennifer Lucia, Associate Director, at (860) 486-2020 or email@example.com.