The Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) engages in an interactive process with each student and reviews requests for accommodations on an individualized, case-by-case basis. Depending on the nature and functional limitations of a student’s documented disability, they may be eligible for reasonable accommodations.
Resident students who are requesting to purchase a parking permit based on a documented disability (PRIOR to earning the 54 earned credit prerequisite as per parking Services regulations available at http://park.uconn.edu/) should follow this procedure to request an accommodation:
- Register with the CSD online at https://myaccess.apps.sa.uconn.edu/. NetID and password are required for registration. An email will be sent confirming registration once complete.
- Provide appropriate documentation to the CSD, which establishes the need for an accommodation and relates the current impact of the condition to the requested accommodations. Guidelines for documentation are available at http://csd.uconn.edu/documentation-guidelines/. Students are advised to share the documentation guidelines with the appropriate treatment provider who can best describe the nature of the condition for which an accommodation is being requested. Documentation may be submitted confidentially:
- Upload to MyAccess during the online registration process
- In person: Wilbur Cross Building, Room 204
- By fax: (860) 486-4412
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: Center for Students with Disabilities, University of Connecticut, 233 Glenbrook Rd., Unit 4174, Storrs, CT 06269-4174
- Once the registration process is complete, the student will receive an email from the CSD, which includes contact information for their assigned Disability Service Professional (DSP). The student should set up an appointment (either phone or in-person) with their DSP to discuss the request.
- If the student is approved for an accommodation to purchase a parking permit, the CSD will communicate this information to Parking Services. Parking Services will contact the student to complete the purchase.