According to the terms and conditions of the On-Campus Housing Contract, “All Storrs residents residing in non-apartment spaces (including Cordial Storrs House, the Nathan Hale Inn and Husky Village) are required to purchase a resident meal plan. Students residing in on-campus apartments and University Farm Houses are not required to purchase a resident meal plan, and may purchase any meal plan including options available to commuters”. The On-Campus Housing contract is available at http://reslife.uconn.edu/housing-contract-forms/.
Students with documented disabilities for whom eating in a dining hall is not viable due to medically necessitated dietary requirements may request a meal plan modification. Students should contact CSD to request a Meal Plan Modification within the first 3 weeks of the semester. A Meal Plan Modification request submitted after the 3rd week of the semester may result in a delay in coordinating the accommodation.
- Meet with your DSP to discuss your need for a Meal Plan Modification;
- Meet with a Dining Services designee to discuss your need and collaborate on designing an appropriate meal plan, if needed;
- Follow the meal plan you and Dining Services outline in order to receive your Meal Plan Modification, if indicated;
- Contact your DSP if your condition changes and/or your Meal Plan Modification is not working for you.
- Meet with students to engage in the interactive process and determine if a Meal Plan Modification is indicated;
- Communicate with Dining Services about a student when appropriate regarding a Meal Plan Modification;
- Notify student with determination of requested modification and next steps as indicated;
- Convene the Meal Plan Modification Review Committee when needed.
Dining Services Responsibilities
- Meet with students upon CSD’s request to discuss Meal Plan Modification options;
- Determine Dining Services’ capacity to address students’ dietary needs;
- Collaborate with student to outline a meal plan to provide Meal Plan Modification for students when needed;
- Communicate with CSD regarding Dining Services’ capacity to address students’ dietary needs and Meal Plan Modification when needed.
- Participate on the Meal Plan Modification Review Committee when needed.