Expand to view our services
Online Learning & Accommodations
As UConn delivers courses in various formats, online, hybrid and in person, CSD continues to engage with students and instructors to coordinate accommodations.
Beyond Access (BA) is an individually designed program to help students understand, achieve, and develop a pathway to success.
- One-on-one meetings with our trained Strategy Instructors.
- Develop and enhance academic, social and life skills including time and stress management, reading, writing and math strategies, self-advocacy, memory and concentration, social skills, health and wellness, and career preparation.
UCIS – Communication Access
University of Connecticut Interpreting Services (UCIS) ensures a comprehensively accessible educational environment for deaf and hard of hearing students, faculty, staff, and visitors through the provision of exceptional communication access services.
Our CSDTech Team works with students to identify technology tools to meet their individual needs and match their learning styles. Explore a variety of software programs, apps and other tech-based resources to build academic and life skills.
UConn GPS provides first year or transfer students an opportunity to learn what it takes to be a successful student at UConn. Move onto campus early for workshops and activities that provide holistic preparation with focus on academic success, knowledge of campus resources, health and wellness, and social involvement and skills.
REACHing Peers is a mentoring program with the goals of:
- Creating a network of peers to support new students in their transitions to UConn.
- Providing students with a greater sense of support and community.
- Promoting empowerment, engagement, and self-advocacy through peers supporting peers.
- Providing opportunities for experienced students to assist incoming students through similar experiences.
Delta Alpha Pi (DAP)
The international organization, Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society, wishes to recognize academic excellence among students with disabilities on college campuses across the nation as well as empower these students to advocate for themselves and others and serve as mentors.