(Resources in Education and Advocacy for Current Huskies)
REACHing Peers is a three-fold peer mentoring program:
- Opportunities for prospective UConn students with disabilities to connect with current UConn students that are registered with the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD);
- Mentor-Mentee relationships amongst current UConn students registered with the CSD; and
- Linking current UConn students with a network of CSD alumni for career preparation.
Goals of REACHing Peers
- Create a network of peers to support new students in their transitions to UConn.
- Provide students with a greater sense of support and community at UConn.
- Promote empowerment, engagement, and self-advocacy through peers supporting peers.
- Provide opportunities for experienced students registered with the CSD to assist incoming students through similar experiences, such as requesting accommodation letters, adjusting to life in the residence halls, navigating the exam process, or working with faculty.
For more information about the REACHing Peers program, please email Bryanna Anderson, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.