Virtual Admitted and Prospective Student Information Sessions for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
CSD will host virtual admitted and prospective student information sessions in the fall and spring semesters. Sessions will introduce high school students to the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) at UConn and discuss the differences between high school and college accommodation request and coordination processes. Additionally, information about CSD’s enhanced services program, Beyond Access, will be shared. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions. We look forward to meeting you!
Virtual prospective student information sessions dates/times:
Fall 2022: Prospective Student Sessions
**all sessions will be held from 2:00pm-4:00pm**
- Monday October 10, 2022
- Tuesday October 25, 2022
- Friday November 11, 2022
- Wednesday November 30, 2022
Spring 2023: Prospective/Admitted Student Sessions
**all sessions will be held from 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Monday February 20, 2023
- Tuesday March 7, 2023
- Thursday March 23, 2023
- Friday April 7, 2023
- Wednesday April 12, 2023
- Tuesday April 18, 2023
If you are interested in attending one of the above dates email email@example.com to reserve a space and receive a link to the session.
UConn and CSD recognize the importance of supporting neurodivergent students’ unique needs in their pursuit of internships and post-graduation employment.
We are excited to share a Neurodiversity Employment Pilot Program using a tool called Mentra which you can now use to match with job and internship opportunities at companies that seek and value your neurodiversity!
How does Mentra help you?
- Mentra’s platform helps you develop a holistic profile of yourself that supplements your resume and better captures your strengths and accommodations needs
- Mentra automatically matches you with employers educated in neurodiversity inclusion for positions that align with your profile, and sends them your information
- You can also independently express interest in any roles posted on the platform
- Mentra provides guidance and mentorship to candidates to ensure job readiness
Please register in TWO places:
- The link to register with UConn’s Center for Neurodiversity and Employment Innovation is here. By registering, you will receive information about this pilot and other neurodiversity employment opportunities.
- The link for participating in the pilot program is here.
CSD is excited to share information about UConn’s Center for Neurodiversity and Employment Innovation.
If you identify as neurodivergent (autism, ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, other learning differences) and you would like to be informed about employment opportunities specifically targeted at neurodiversity, please consider registering with UConn’s Center for Neurodiversity and Employment Innovation.
The center publishes a regular newsletter and hosts events to share information about employment for neurodivergent job seekers.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER WITH THE CENTER AND RECEIVE INFO! You’ll be asked to provide:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your expected/past graduation (mo/yr)
- Your major
- Other contact information
Are you a college student, graduate student, or recent graduate with a disability seeking an internship or job? Check out the #WorkforceRecruitmentProgram to get connected to employment opportunities! WRP.gov