The websites listed below are for informational purposes only. Inclusion on this list does not constitute an endorsement by the CSD.
- Academic Technology Center: Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
Check out the Teaching with Technology Center at WPI for information for faculty to use in their teaching. The information is organized by goals, and each topic has step-by-step instructions on how to use technologies and also explains how to apply various technologies to teaching.
- Authentic Assessment Toolbox (AAT)
Created by North Central College’s Professor of Psychology, Jon Mueller, the AAT is a how-to text on creating authentic tasks, rubrics, and standards for measuring and improving student learning.
- BBC Learning
Survey learning resources for every type of learner!
- BREAKTHRU: Georgia Institute of Technology and University of Georgia
Examine BreakThru, the powerful learning community that works to connect students with disabilities and mentors in a unique way that promotes universal learning and accessibility to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) based degrees. The BreakThru community bridges the gap between the classroom and the virtual world!
- Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies
The 2012 Top 100 Tools for Learning!
- Ensuring Access through Collaboration and Technology: UDL-Universe: A Comprehensive Universal Design for Learning Faculty Development Guide
UDL-U supports postsecondary faculty and staff by providing resources and examples to improve postsecondary education for all students, including those with disabilities.
- Evaluation Cookbook, Learning Technology Dissemination Initiative
A practical guide to evaluation methods for instructors.
- Free Software Directory
This site provides definitions and information about applications from areas such as educational, adult, elementary, language, and more.
- Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching: MERLOT
Find peer reviewed online teaching and learning materials, or contribute advice and expertise about education with expert colleagues.
- Pedagogy and Student Services for Institutional Transformation (PASS IT)
PASS IT seeks to address a compelling need in higher education by developing a corps of trainers to facilitate professional development workshops in the implementation of Universal Design (UD) and Universal Instructional Design (UID) in higher education. Visit their website for more information and resources!
- Students with Disabilities as Diverse Learners: University of Hawai’i
The Teaching All Students, Reaching All Learners project, funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary Education, will share teaching techniques CDS has researched, developed, and synthesized that will enhance the quality of work for both faculty and students, as both populations advance in the University and college setting.
- Supporting Faculty to Teach All Students: A Universal Design Consulting Team Model: University of Vermont
Visit the University of Vermont’s page for examples of UDL in practice, as well as guidelines and principles.
- The Access Project: Colorado State University
ACCESS is a three-year initiative designed to promote Universal Design for Learning and student Self-Advocacy. Visit the site for disability modules, self-advocacy resources and activities, and information on Universal Design for Instruction.
- Universal Design for Instruction
Visit UConn’s Center on Postsecondary Education and Disability current project, UDI Online, for E-Tools, Resources, Professional Development, Technical Briefs, and more!
- Universal Design in Education: The Center for Universal Design in Education, University of Washington
The Center for Universal Design in Education (CUDE) develops and collects resources to help educators apply universal design to all aspects of the educational experience, including: instruction, student services, information technology, and physical spaces.
- Universal Design for Learning: The Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST)
CAST is a nonprofit research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. Visit their site for learning tools, professional learning, research and development, and more.
- Universal Instructional Design: University of Guelph
Review the University of Guelph’s overview, application, and resources on UID and their UID project of 2002-03.
Search TechMatrix for assistive and educational technology tools and resources to support learning for students with disabilities and their classmates.