The Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) and the Department of Residential Life work collaboratively in order to provide approved housing accommodations for students with documented disabilities. The CSD engages in an interactive process with each student and reviews requests for accommodations on an individualized, case-by-case basis. Only students with documented disabilities for whom living in the residence hall is not viable without an accommodation, qualify for housing accommodations. While every effort is made to honor a student’s location preference, assignments are made based on the approved accommodation(s); specific residential areas or buildings are not guaranteed.
Contact the student’s Disability Service Professional (DSP) at the CSD, or Bryanna Anderson, Assistant Director, at (860) 486-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this accommodation.
- You must be eligible for on-campus housing according to Residential Life guidelines in order to engage with the CSD to request housing accommodations. Please review information regarding eligibility and important dates on the Residential Life website.
- If you are requesting a housing accommodation for the first time, register online with the CSD by logging into the student MyAccess portal at http://myaccess.csd.uconn.edu OR click here:
You will need your NetID and password to register. For more information about the registration process please go to https://csd.uconn.edu/request-accommodations/.
- Once your registration is complete (which includes providing your self-report and supporting documentation), we will engage in an interactive process in order to discuss your request for housing accommodations.
- If you are approved for a housing accommodation, your Disability Service Professional (DSP) will communicate these accommodations to Residential Life and follow up with you with next steps.
- In order to receive your approved housing accommodation in future academic years, please respond to your DSP’s email each spring by the indicated deadlines. Please note that if you are approved for an accommodation beyond the indicated deadline, it may take some time for an appropriate assignment to become available. You will be placed on a waiting list and an assignment will be made when a space becomes available.
- Meet with students to engage in the interactive process and determine if a housing accommodation is indicated.
- Notify students and Residential Life about students' approved housing accommodations.
Residential Life Responsibilities
- Make housing assignments based on students’ approved housing accommodations, preference and room availability.
- Provide information regarding students’ assignments in MyHousing and notify students accordingly.
Contact the student’s Disability Service Professional (DSP) at the CSD, or Bryanna Anderson, Assistant Director, at (860) 486-2020 or email@example.com with any questions regarding this procedure.
Residence Hall Accommodation Information
Residence Halls with Elevators
Hilltop (Hale and Ellsworth)
Residence Halls with Central Air Conditioning
Charter Oak Apartments
Residence Halls with Traditional Single Rooms
East (Holcomb, Sprague and Whitney)
Hilltop (Hale and Ellsworth)
Residence Halls with Suite Style Single Rooms
Garrigus Suites – single room connected by a bathroom to another single room
South – single room connected by a bathroom to another single room
Buildings with Suite-Style Living and Semi-Private Bathrooms
Busby Suites – triple room connected by a bathroom to another triple room
Garrigus Suites – triple room connected by a bathroom to another triple room
South – suite contains two double rooms, a common room and bathroom
Northwood Apartments – 2 bedroom/3 person apartment (one single room, one double room)
Hilltop Apartments – 2 bedroom/4 person apartment or 4 bedroom/4 person apartment
Charter Oak Apartments - 2 bedroom/4 person apartment or 4 bedroom/4 person apartment