What is Beyond Access?
- Work smarter, not harder with a trained Strategy Instructor (SI) to create a customized program based on your individual goals and learning profile
- Develop and enhance your skills! These can include time management and organization, studying, stress management, self-advocacy, memory and concentration, reading and writing, career preparation, health and wellness, and social skills
Students Participating in this program can meet with a Strategy Instructor for 3 hours per week in Track I ($3600 per semester) or 1 hour per week in Track II ($1,800 per semester). Fees cover the cost of all materials and resources used in the program.
- We strive to help students identify strengths and challenges in all aspects of their lives
- We teach students different strategies, skills, and technologies for use in and out of class
- We create a positive learning environment through interpersonal communication
- We build self-determination within our students by allowing them to reflect and grow
Watch us in Action
Awards and Recognition
- The Beyond Access program was featured in the Huffington Post and on bestcollegesonline.com, and is regarded as a national model for other schools developing similar programs
- UConn ranked within the top 10 best colleges for students with learning disabilities due to our programs and services
- We have seen a 213% increase in our program enrollment over the past years – a true testament to our dedication to our students!
Want to Apply?
- Our program is open to all UConn students with and without disabilities
- Interested students should complete our online application (active link) or stop by our office
- Once we have received your application, you will be contacted with next steps
Questions? Interested? Let us know!
Please contact our Program Director and Center for Students with Disabilities Associate Director, Christine Wenzel at (860) 486-2020 or email@example.com.
- Fall 2016 Social Even Dates
- Thanskgiving Break Dates
- Finals Week Dates
- Spring 2017 course registration
Meet our Strategy Instructors
Our team is comprised of professional staff members and highly trained graduate students studying in related fields such as school psychology and counseling, social work, and special education. We make every effort to provide a positive experience for our students by hiring an experienced team that shares a passion for working with students towards achieving their personal and academic goals. We look forward to meeting you!