Equal Opportunity Publications, Inc. will be hosting our STEM Diversity Virtual Career Fair on Friday, February 26, 2021 from 10AM to 3PM EST.
Attached is a .pdf file and .jpg containing details about the event. For more info or to register for FREE, please visit: https://careereco.com/Events/EOPSTEM-FEB26
Meet virtually with recruiters at major corporations and government agencies nationwide hiring candidates with backgrounds in all of the science, technology, engineering and mathematics fields.
In light of the pandemic, and our continued efforts to create experiential, accessible, and life-transformative programming for all of our students, we would like to announce the 2021 summer virtual programs portfolio. We are also including some information that will be helpful for you and your students.
2021 Summer Virtual Programs List
Summer virtual programs:
• Summer Virtual Internship in Dublin
• Summer Virtual Internship in Paris
• Summer Virtual Internship in Madrid
• Summer Virtual Internship in Prague
• Summer Virtual Internship in London (4 credits)
• Summer Virtual Internship in London (7 credits)
• Summer in Toulouse
• Summer Business in London
• The Washington Center: Academic Internship Program in Washington, D.C.
• University of Mannheim Business Summer School
We will communicate with you if any additional programs are added to the summer portfolio.
Most summer programs have an application deadline of March 14, though some programs have an extended deadline of April 7.
You can find the application deadline for each program on their respective brochures.
Scholarships Available for Students
Education Abroad offers need and merit-based scholarships. Students will be reviewed for these scholarships as long as they meet the eligibility criteria and submit an Education Abroad application. UConn Education Abroad Scholarships include:
• Global Citizenship Scholarship: These awards are based solely on financial need. Accordingly, a completed FAFSA must be on file with the Office of Student Financial Aid Services.
• Regional Campus Incentive Scholarship: Provided to all UConn regional campus students that have been accepted to an Education Abroad program.
• The United States Armed Forces Veteran Scholarships: available to UConn students committed to programs abroad who have served or continue to serve in our Armed Forces and are registered with UConn Veteran’s Affairs and Military Programs.
• UConn Global Affairs Foundation Scholarships: Various types of scholarships are available under the foundation scholarships. More information about all the foundation scholarships is available at https://abroad.uconn.edu/uconn-global-affairs/
Besides UConn Education Abroad scholarships, we encourage students to research other UConn scholarships, specifically with their School/College and departments, as well as national scholarships. Scholarship resources are available on the Education Abroad Scholarship Opportunities webpage.
Upcoming Events for Students & Staff/Faculty
• Brown Bag Lunch: Virtual Summer Programming – February 11, 12-1pm (for Advisors, Staff, & Faculty)
• Summer Global Programs Showcase – February 17 & 18
• Education Abroad 101 – February 25
• Virtual Global Internship Info Session & Panel – March 4
Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSD will host virtual prospective student information sessions in March and April. Sessions will introduce high school students to the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) at UConn and discuss the differences between high school and college accommodation request and coordination processes. Additionally, information about CSD’s enhanced services program, Beyond Access, will be shared. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions. We look forward to meeting you!
Virtual prospective student information sessions dates/times:
• Wednesday, March 3rd: 2:30-4:00pm
• Thursday, March 11th: 2:30-4:00pm
• Monday, March 22nd: 2:30-4:00pm
• Tuesday, March 30th: 10:30am-12:00pm
• Wednesday, April 7th: 10:30am-12:00pm
• Thursday, April 15th: 2:30-4:00pm
• Monday, April 19th: 2:30-4:00pm
• Tuesday, April 27th: 2:30-4:00pm
If you are interested in attending one of the above dates, please call the CSD at 860-486-2020 or email email@example.com to reserve a space and receive a link to the session.