The Wilbur Cross Building participates every year in a silver challenge during the Month of Kindness in November. The event is hosted by the Center for Students with Disabilities in order to raise money for a charity. All the money collected is donated to the charity of the winner’s choice.
There are 6 simple rules that all offices and participants within Wilbur Cross need to follow:
- Jars will be distributed on the morning Tuesday, November 1st to each office in Wilbur Cross. The jar must be displayed in plain sight during business hours. The challenge ends when the jars are picked up at 4:00pm on Wednesday, November 30th.
- Silver coins are positive points. For example a quarter equals +25 points, dimes are +10, etc.
- Pennies are negative points. For each penny in your jar, one point will be subtracted.
- Bills are worth double points. For example, a dollar will equal +200 points, a five dollar bill equals +1000 points.
- Once money is placed in a jar, it cannot be removed.
- The department with the most points wins. Their name and charity will be placed on the plaque that hangs on the first floor.
If you have any questions regarding the Silver Challenge, please contact Katie Hudd, Program Coordinator, at (860) 486-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Year||Winner||Amount Raised||Charity of Choice|
|2016||Center for Students with Disabilities||$600.00||No Freeze Hospitality Center in Willimantic|
|2015||Center for Students with Disabilities||$963.09||HuskyTHON and Our Companions Animal Rescue|
|2014||Center for Students with Disabilities||$938.50||HuskyTHON and No Freeze Hospitality Center in Willimantic|
|2013||Office of Student Financial Aid Services||$1219.00||My Sisters Place and Our Companions Animal Rescue|
|2012||Office of the Registrar||$1200.00||No Freeze Hospitality Center, Inc. and Covenant Soup Kitchen|
|2011||Office of the Registrar||$1000.00||No Freeze Hospitality Center, Inc. and Covenant Soup Kitchen|
|2010||Office of the Registrar||$1000.00||No Freeze Hospitality Center Inc. and Youth Speaks|
|2009||Office of the Registrar||$791.63||No Freeze Hospitality Center Inc. and Covenant Soup Kitchen|
|2008||Office of the Registrar||$561.56||No Freeze Hospitality Center Inc.|
|2007||Office of the Registrar||$651.17||Bailey’s Garden|
|2006||Office of the Registrar||$803.48||Husky Midnight Marathon and Bailey’s Garden|
|2005||Office of the Registrar||$637.74||Husky Midnight Marathon and Bailey’s Garden|
|2004||Center for Students with Disabilities||unknown||Husky Midnight Marathon and Tsunami Relief|
|2003||Office of the Registrar||unknown||Husky Midnight Marathon|
|2002||Office of the Registrar||unknown||Husky Midnight Marathon and Interval House|
|2001||Office of the Bursar||unknown||Husky Midnight Marathon|