The Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) engages in an interactive process with each student and reviews requests for accommodations on an individualized, case-by-case basis. Depending on the nature and functional limitations of a student’s documented disability, he/she may be eligible to receive priority registration. Priority registration allows a student to register for classes on the first day of registration each semester. This provides the opportunity to arrange a schedule (to the greatest extent possible) that is suitable based on their disability-related needs.
Students who may qualify for priority registration include:
- Students with mobility disabilities or those who work with personal assistants;
- Students following a strict medication or treatment regimen;
- Students who are approved for alternate media for printed materials;
- Students with energy limitations who require a specific schedule;
- Students who use interpreters or captioning services.
Priority registration does not override any University or departmental policies such as the need to meet with an academic advisor, removal of any holds (e.g., Bursar), permission number requirements for specific courses, etc. In addition, priority registration does not guarantee the provision of classes at specific times.
- Meet with your academic advisor prior to the registration date to determine an appropriate class schedule.
- Check your status on the Student Administration System to ensure there are no holds (e.g., Bursar’s) that may prevent you from registering.
- Register for your classes using the Student Administration System.
- IMPORTANT: While students will have continuous access to register for classes beyond the registration start date, choosing to register late may result in classes no longer being available.
- Provide students with information regarding registration dates each semester. Students will receive an e-mail reminder from the CSD 2-3 weeks prior to the registration date each semester (for specific dates, please refer to the Registrar’s website here.
- Resolve any issues that arise regarding this accommodation.
Any questions regarding this policy and procedure should be directed to Jennifer Lucia, Associate Director, at (860) 486-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.