Procedure for Scheduling Quizzes/Exams at the CSD for Students
Beginning in Spring 2016, students are no longer required to complete a paper form when requesting to take a quiz/exam at the CSD. The exam administration process is now online and requests will be submitted using MyAccess (which you may have used to register with the CSD). Please note that whenever possible, students should take their exams with their instructors with the approved accommodations. However, if instructors are unable to administer exams with the approved accommodations, exams may be administered and proctored at the CSD. Please note: All exams taken at the CSD are to be taken during the scheduled time of the class unless there is a specific conflict. The CSD is open from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. If your quiz/exam will go beyond 5 pm, please discuss your options with your instructor.
- Request your accommodation letters from your Disability Service Provider (DSP) at the CSD. You will not be able to submit an online exam request if you do not request your accommodation letters first.
- Log into MyAccess at http://myaccess.csd.uconn.edu.
- Click on Schedule an exam.
*Remember, requests must be submitted to the CSD at least one week (5 business days) in advance of the quiz or exam in order to ensure sufficient time to provide accommodations. For final exams, online requests must be submitted at least 7 days in advance. Failure to provide adequate notice and/or incomplete information may result in the accommodations not being available.
- Choose a class from the drop down menu.
- Select the accommodations required for the exam (choose all that apply).
- Choose the type of exam.
- Enter the date and time of the exam in class.
- Enter the time allotted in class in
- Answer the following question – Do you have back-to-back classes which would impact you receiving your full extended time for this exam?
If No – click Submit Request
If Yes – enter an alternate time as close as possible to the time of the exam in class and click Submit Request
The CSD will review the request and schedule the exam. Once the exam is scheduled, students will receive an automated confirmation email from CSD-Exams with all of the exam information. Students may also log back into MyAccess in order to review exam requests.
A paper copy of the Exam Adminstration form can be found here: Exam Administration Form
Questions??? Please contact Bryanna Anderson at (860) 486-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.