- UConn and the CSD are committed to providing equal access and full participation for individuals with disabilities within all University programs and activities. The Accessibility at UConn website serves as a central resource for information related to accessibility at UConn. Any access concerns may be submitted via an Accessibility Issue Form: http://accessibility.uconn.edu/report-a-barrier/.
For the latest news and updates on construction projects on campus, please visit the Campus Construction website.
Parking and Transportation Services
- Accessible Parking– Parking Services is not authorized to issue temporary state handicap parking placards. Parking Services staff will work with those individuals to identify and arrange suitable parking accommodations for them.
- Connecticut residents may visit the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles website to learn more about the availability and privileges associated with Connecticut’s temporary handicap parking placards.
- Accessible Van Service – The Accessible Van Service (AVS) is a free service available to students, faculty, and staff. The service provides safe and timely campus and local transportation. Our accessible vans are equipped with wheelchair lifts, ensuring that all passengers get to their classes, jobs, residences, and activities safely and efficiently.
- The Accessible Van Service is only for passengers with temporary or permanent disabilities. Passengers with permanent disabilities must register through the Center for Students with Disabilities and passengers with temporary disabilities must have a valid doctor’s note to use this service.
- Transportation Services- The Department of Transportation Services provides safe, clean and timely passenger services to the Storrs campus and surrounding area. They operate a network of shuttle buses, accessible vans, and small vehicles for University students, faculty, employees and visitors.